Friday, September 28, 2007

Four Fabulous Overs

Yesterday it rained and poured in Joburg. It was an ideal day to laze in bed, unfortunately this was not an option :( But I made up for it today.

I was playing Action Cricket again in the evening (being Thursday), but in the late 19h40 time slot. So, Varen & I decided to grab dinner out before the game. We were looking for something Sandton-y since it's close to his work and the cricket and I suggested we try a new Greek spot on my lengthy list of restaurants to try (I think it was actually the only one in the Sandton area). What a lovely discovery :)

Filakia in 24 Central. It's decor is not as cosy as Plaka in Illovo, but I think the food is way better than Mythos in Fourways. We shared a bunch of excellent mezzes: their Tirosalata dip (Feta & Peppadew) with yummy pita bread (I don't know what they did but it was the most divine pita bread ever!), melt in your mouth Haloumi, Spanakotiropita, Baked Brinjal and Sweet Potato Salad (that was mostly for me although Varen did try a mouthful), Keftedakia (Beef meatballs, of which I only had half of one ... not because it was bad, but because there was too many other good items!) and Chicken Souvlaki Kebabs (which I didn't even get to try, I was too full ... but Varen got thru most of it just for the good taste factor).

All in all a good dinner out :) And the evening was topped by a fabulous Action Cricket game ... we won. But even better than that, I was in the first batting pair (with the Assumed Cheating Husband :P The supposed new girlf was there again to watch him last night and seemed to arrive & leave with him ... Varen and I are now pretty certain in our suspicions) and we managed to beat the other team's score in only *our* 4 overs (this may sound bizarre, but the rules of Action Cricket are quite different than normal and I would recommend a read if you are confused)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin