Monday, May 21, 2007

Report Back: Night One

So it seems that blogging of any form this week is going to have to be night-time blogging ... which goes against the norm and we'll have to see how that works out. I'm not sure that I'll manage every evening, apparently this turns into quite the party spot once you get to know your fellow course-ees (what's the right word for that, anyway?). But for now, it's night number one and although the get to know each other has begun, it's far from downing shooters and playing foosball (yes, they have that too!)

So far orientation was interesting. I figured out I don't know anyone else here (and there are 5 courses currently on the go, each with about 30 people). We had an amazing talk in the Auditorium by Nick Binedell from GIBS. It was fantastic and he is completely listenable.

So, so far so good. I am impressed ... and I don't think that's too easy a task. Then there was dinner. Apparently the average weight gain for the full two week training period (I'll be back for the second week towards the end of June) is 4 kgs. Better keep and eye on that ... do need any extra help in that department! Although there is a gym, but it's a small consolation for the three yummy 3-course meals provide daily. I kept it to a minimum for dinner ... will see if I can maintain constraints thru out the week :) No promises.

Oh, and the shower wasn't all it was cracked up to be ... the hot & cold markers on the tap thingy were opposite! Annoying, but luckily I figured it out eventually. But, the pressure was good, which is crucial to shower-ranking. And I had to figure out how to turn off these bizarre lights - you have to dim them within an inch of their life ... and then they switch off for real. It's like a tease, really.

So, now, at the surprisingly early 9:30, it is off to bed for me ... No doubt I'll start on my new book :)

2 comments:

I are wearing the jean pant said...

Oh, I love that book!!! Good reading, enjoy and tell me what you thought :)

phillygirl said...

So far I am loving it, but I promise I'll post the full review when I'm done :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin